I HEARD THE DRUMS TALK

Today was a good day for me and I feel so good and proud about myself and I guess you all don't wanna know why but I'm still gonna say it.
   * I practised for hours today (doesn't happen often)
   * I learned new rudiments, rolls, fills, and dynamics and also applied them on the drum kit in a day (yeah I'm a genius)
   * I got a call back from the last Gig I had (one of the biggest Gig ever)
   * I'm gonna be on tour with one of the biggest artiste in Nigeria (I dreamed about it Lol, still waiting for it to become a reality. #Positive)
   *And I finally showed gratitude to the universe for making me a drummer.

But

None of my band mates was there to give me an high-five and tell me how good I am and also lie to my face on how I am the greatest drummer on earth but instead I sat there closed my eyes and I began to imagine things. And as you all know imagination is envisioning things that do not exist.

So let's just imagine you on your way to the studio or where ever you practice and on getting close to the door you hear voices, not just any kind of voice but the voice of each part of the drum kit saying good and bad stuff about you and how you treat them on a Gig, show and studio sessions.

This is what the drum kit had to say about me.

Drum sticks: Hey guys! What do you have to say about my boss. You know I literally spend more hours with him than he does with you guys.

Snare: No you don't

Drum sticks: Yes I do and I'm pretty sure you know he doesn't need a snare to practise his rudiments. Anything and everything works for him.

Snare: Yeah I do and that's why you look rough, broken and unused sometimes.

Cymbal: Enough. Can we get back to discussing what we like about Jamer the drummer.

2nd tom: He is cool, though he really doesn't use much of me but I do get to enjoy a single or sometimes a double stroke before he crashes on a cymbal and I also get to feature in some of his rolls.

1st tom: His fills are good and I love the fact that he shares a triplet between I and the snare. His rolls are cool but can be better.

Hi-Hat: He knows how important I am but still he doesn't use me in most of his rolls and dynamics. I have seen other pro drummers use my colleagues perfectly in a roll and to be honest it kinda hurt.

Floor tom: I play a crucial part in some of his rolls and rudiments and I ain't complaining but what I do know is I get to enjoy a stroke or two before he hits Mr cymbal.

Bass drum: He is kinda good with the double kicking and also knows when to use it in a roll but his speed is not that good, he needs to work on that.

Cymbal: Snare you got anything to say?

Snare: Nothing much. I like him and I also love the fact that he works on his rudiments, rolls and fills well and applies them smoothly on the drum kit. I also know for fact that I am able to handle a roll with the help of the bass drum alone but he shares triplets, rudiments, rolls, fills and dynamics with hi-hat, the twin brothers (1st & 2nd tom) and their big fat bro (floor tom).

Cymbal: I don't think I have complains but if there is one thing I like about him is the fact that he hits a stroke on me for a reason, I might come out as the most loudest and the one with the most noise but when he is on the kit I don't feel like the noise making cymbal you all call me.

Drum stick: I know he is gonna replace me the moment I get old or broken but what I know is, I am glad to be used by a drummer like jamer and to work with you guys.

Yeah I know I sound crazy right now but this is just me and my imagination.
If the drum kit could talk what do you think they'd say about you.

                          

#Imagination
#Peace





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY TOP 10 CRAZY DRUM STICK IDEAS

Drum Clinic

The Power of Repetition: Maximizing Your Drum Practice